Amarok 2.8 does not play CD

Ruben Decrop ruben.decrop at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 16:25:04 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've an issue with Amarok 2.8.0 (KDE 4.13.3) playing CDs. Although the
audio-cd is visible in de KDE device notifier and I can play the CD with
players like Clementine and VLC, Amarok has problems detecting the
audio-cd, either not showing the device in the local music folder either
showing it incorrectly (e.g. with 0 tracks). Typing Ctrl-O and selecting
the audio-cd does not help. Restarting Amarok and ejecting and
reinserting the CD helps in roughly 20% of the cases, without any
detectable pattern whether it succeeds or not.  If the cases the CD is
correctly recognized, Amarok plays it without issues.  the behaviour is
independent of the CD.

Ruben