No subject

Wed Jun 18 07:44:19 UTC 2014

are many device operations with little or no GUI feedback that the
user will need to be made aware of:
Connection =96 When a device is plugged in, a notification of what
device, and that it is available for viewing in the collection browser
(perhaps give Collection's TreeView immediate focus in the browser)
Copying =96 Warn when a device is read-only, out of space, or any other
error preventing a copy from occurring.  If copy fails, display on
which track it failed and why
Deleting =96 Similar to copying, but also introduce a confirmation
dialog which shows the tracks to be deleted, and allows the user to
confirm or reject

Projected Timeline:

Study Period:
5/23 - 6/14: I will overview the playlist code, the 1.4.x features code.

Work Period:
6/15 - 6/20: Add Playlist Support to iPod
6/22 - 6/26: Add Playlist Support to MTP
6/29 - 7/4: Add Amarok 1.4.x features to iPod
7/6 - 7/10: Add GUI Feedback
7/13 - 8/9: Add UMS support
8/10 =96 8/17: Clean, document, test code
Background

I'm a Computer Science undergraduate student at the University of
California Santa Cruz in the western United States, though I am
Argentine-born.  I did the Google Summer of Code project which brought
media device support to Amarok 2.0 the summer of 2008.

I'm an avid user of KDE and Amarok, but have found myself very
occupied with school throughout the year, and can mainly contribute in
the summer.  Having had friends and acquaintances tell me about their
experiences with Amarok, I feel that I really want to make Amarok
media device support better.

Until June 11, I will be in school and so can dedicate time only to
planning, but after that I am free to work 20-30 hours per week on
Amarok.  As for mentoring, I am used to the time difference between
California and Western Europe so it will be not be a problem.  I'm
comfortable with e-mail and chat, as they are often more effective at
helping to stay on task, even if meetings in person allow for rapid
and accurate exchange of ideas.  That said, if time and money permit,
I would prefer to meet with my mentor at some point.