lyrics retrieval improvement!!

Mayank Jha mayank25080562 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 09:18:00 UTC 2013

I posted on this previously on kde-request but got no replies. So I am
posting again. The idea was to improve the lyrics retrieval system of the
music player packaged with KDE - Amarok . Whenever I play a song I get to
see the lyrics of only those songs which are tagged properly and also for
some songs i get the wrong lyrics(for example : Bad- Michael Jackson it
starts with "Your butt is mine" whereas it is "Your Blood is mine!"). I
really dont understand half of the english songs I listen and rely heavily
on lyrics coz it embarrases me sometimes when i know the tune but not the
lyrics.

I tried other music players but there was no difference.
My idea is to use an external database of acoustic fingerprinting and
incorporate it into amarok so that the song is correctly tagged and hence
the lyrics has higher chances of being correct after being searched on the
relevant websites.

I am willing to do a project on this to add this feature into amarok, and
would be grateful if someone would be willing to mentor me upon this.