Amarok 2.6 frequent crashes

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Sun Jan 6 13:35:27 UTC 2013

On 6. 1. 2013 Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> > Thank you for the quick reply!
> >
> > Please see the attached output (I'm afraid it will be of no much use as
> > there are too much '??' instead of useful symbols  )
>
> Well, of course you will need to have the DEBUG flags enabled for these....
>
> But since you are using Gentoo, could you test the latest git version
> of Amarok? For us version 2.6 is rather old now and we have added so
> many fixes since August (over 300 closed bug reports) and are about to
> release Amarok 2.7 that it would make more sense to test with a more
> recent installation.

Just to note, Amarok git (9999) and 2.7 Beta (2.6.90) are in the kde ovelay:
layman -a kde

In order to have debugging symbols on Gentoo, have ‘splitdebug’ in FEATURES
and ‘-ggdb’ in CXXFLAGS and remerge glibc, qt (at leastcore and gui), kdelibs,
amarok. I also don't recommend having -O3 for packages you want to debug, -O1
could produce nicer backtraces and you won't notice speed difference.

Note: you don't have to have debug USE-flag enabled, in fact I don't recommend
doing it system-wide (while enabling it for Amarok could help).

	Matěj