Play/Pause on screensaver lock/unlock

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Mon Feb 11 12:12:15 UTC 2013

Hi Marius,

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Marius <marius at habarnam.ro> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have been bothered by the fact that I have to manually pause Amarok
> when locking my computer and when I'll find some time, I'd like to
> contribute a either a plugin or a script, to poll the screensaver
> state with DBus and to pause when it gets activated.
>
> As far as I've been able to look through the documentation[1] (which
> is not very complete - the link to qtscript bindings reference are
> dead, for example) I couldn't find any way of using DBus.

There are actually 3 scripting documents in that wiki, please check again:

http://community.kde.org/Amarok/Development/Script_API
http://community.kde.org/Amarok/Development/Scripting_HowTo_2.0
http://community.kde.org/Amarok/Development/Scripted_Services_Tutorial_2.0

I know the API is not very complete, we welcome anybody who could help
us with that, it's just a lack of time by the developers this was
never extended until now.

I also strongly suggest you look at the existing scripts on
http://kde-apps.org for more hints.

Regards, Myriam

PS. I updated the documentation links, still trying to find some
missing elements right now
http://www.fsfe.org