Play/Pause on screensaver lock/unlock

Marius marius at habarnam.ro
Mon Feb 11 11:04:42 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

I have been bothered by the fact that I have to manually pause Amarok
when locking my computer and when I'll find some time, I'd like to
contribute a either a plugin or a script, to poll the screensaver
state with DBus and to pause when it gets activated.

As far as I've been able to look through the documentation[1] (which
is not very complete - the link to qtscript bindings reference are
dead, for example) I couldn't find any way of using DBus.

Could you please point me in the right direction for writing something
like this?

Also, if indeed there is no way of calling DBus functions from inside
a script, what would be the best way to structure the code for a
regular Amarok plugin?

Thank you,
/Marius Orcsik

[1] http://community.kde.org/Amarok/Development/Scripting_HowTo_2.0