Irish on Windows

Kevin Scannell kscanne at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 23:15:33 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 3:05 AM, Patrick von Reth <vonreth at kde.org> wrote:
> Hey Kevin this is only the list of translations available for the installer,
> in a later step you can choose to install the ga language pack together with
> about 50 available translations.

Hi Patrick,

   Thanks for the reply.  I passed this on to Ciarán and he is still
having problems with the install; his comments are below.

Maybe this isn't the right forum - I'm happy to post to bugs.kde.org
if that's preferable.

Kevin

"Computer: PC, Windows 7, updated as usual. Standard laptop (Acer
Aspire, i5-450M)

Having difficulty getting Amarok to present the Irish user inteface.

...After reinstalling with the "Irish Gaelic" option, the best that
can be obtained is what can be see in the attached image...

You can select the language from within the Help menu. The list of
languages is in Irish, but the rest of the interface is not in Irish.

Even using the additional program, "Language Settings", makes no
difference. You can see "Gaeilge" (=Irish Gaelic") in the right hand
column, with "Béarla Mheiriceánach" (American English) on the left.
This is correct, but it still does not result in an Irish interface.
As far as that utility is concerned, the only part in Irish is the
title bar.

Note that I have gone through a set of installation/uninstallations,
and have noticed a peculiarity associated with the additional language
page. I notice that if you have just uninstalled the program, and then
try to reinstall it, and then select an additional language (like
Irish Gaelic), the install process bombs. You need to halt it, turn
the computer off, and then turn it on again. This time it works
(except that the language is not to be seen).

When I look at the directory bin\languages, Irish is not listed. The
file must be somewhere else."