Amarok playlists dont work

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Thu Nov 22 07:59:39 UTC 2012

Hi Maggie,

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 3:42 AM, maggie webb <maggieswebb at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have 2:2.5.0 and everything is up to date. I uninstalled and reinstalled Amarok on my computer and it still wont play my old playlists.  90% of them dont even cascade the listed music inside the playlists in the database.
> Can you fix this please?  AND -it is NOT an updating problem.

First of all: Please update, Amarok 2.5 is really old. I already gave
you the link to the update instructions twice, but here it is again:

http://kubuntu.org/news/amarok-26

Then: to know why Amarok doesn't play your old playlist, I need more
information:

* Where are those playlists located?
*Where is the music located these playlists refer to?
*Has the location of either the music or the playlists changed?
*What format are these playlists in?
*Which Phonon backend do you use?
*If the playlists are part of the collection: did you make a full
collection update?

But please, really, update Amarok first, we do not support older
versions, especially since there have been many changes since 2.5 and
we are about to release version 2.7 in about a month.

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org