External database trouble

René Lange rlange at gwdg.de
Wed May 30 13:04:35 UTC 2012

Dear list,

this is my first posting to the amarok mailing list. I have set up an
external database for my desktop computer at home, and so far this setup
works well.

I'd like to share the external database with a second desktop computer.
I succeeded in pointing Amarok on this computer to the external
database, and I made sure the music files are mounted in the exact same
path on both desktop machines, as well as I made sure that I checked the
same boxes in the collection settings dialog.

The problem I end up having is that though the collection displays the
correct number of albums and genres, it displays a wrong number of
tracks, namely zero.

I'd be grateful for hints on how to troubleshoot that kind of problem.

Thanks!
René