Weird layout of local collection in 2.4.x

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Mon May 7 13:01:20 UTC 2012

Hi Jörg,

first of all, sorry for the lat answer.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 4:01 AM, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schaible at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> However, I have suddenly albums in the various artists that have not been
> there with Amarok 2.3.2. As it turns out, the titles of all albums with same
> name are now grouped together although the tags for interpret and album
> interpret are set correctly. E.g. I have suddenly an album "Up" in the
> various artists where the titles of the albums with this name of Peter
> Gabriel, R.E.M. and Shania Twain are mixed up (sorted alphabetically by
> track number and name). This prevents completely the selection of the
> individual album for the playlist. I have quite some of this annoying
> clashes (albums with name "Time", "Eden", "Zeitgeist", "Harpe Celtique",
> "Elemental", "Simply the best", "Hysteria", "Solo").
>
> Another bunch of "new" albums for the various artists appear. All those are
> affected where the interpret is the same for all titles of the album, the
> album interpret is empty, but the composer may vary.
>
> A manual run of the amarokcollectionscanner proofs that the tag info was
> properly read. Is there anything else I can do?

The Album Artist tag is needed to distinguish albums with one Artist
only (set in the Album Artist tag) or various artists (album artist
tag empty).

There were some glitches with that in earlier versions but it should
work correctly now in Amarok 2.5, I suggest you upgrade as 2.5 is out
since almost 6 months now.

Regards, Myriam.
http://www.fsfe.org