[Feedback] Norton security warning

Jayesh Badwaik jayesh.badwaik90 at gmail.com
Fri May 4 08:17:55 UTC 2012

On Thursday 03 May 2012 16:37:39 you wrote:
> Henrik sent a message using the contact form at
> http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.
>
> Hello,
> I installed Amarok 2.5.0.2 meanwhile on two machines, Laptop and PC. Both
> using Norton Internet Security 2012. After both installations I got a
> security warning from Norton regarding a threat. Details noted:
>
> systemsettings.exe
> Threat name: Suspicious.Cloud.5
> Unknown Community Usage, Unknown Age, Risk High
>
> File: .......amarok\bin\systemsettings.exe Removed
>
> Amarok is running, but threat warnings always make me sweating.
>
> Best regards
>
> Henrik
>
> Als ungeeignet melden:
> http://amarok.kde.org/de/mollom/report/session/120503f2e2e304242d

A quick google search brings up the following [1]. It seems like this is a
false positive. If you want to still check, you can check the shasum of the
downloaded file with the shasum given on the internet [2]. This will ensure
that your copy is clean and exactly the same as the original.

--
Jayesh Badwaik
stop html mail      | always bottom-post

[1]
http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2010-090200-2232-99&tabid=2
[2]
http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Download:Windows