Filtering by rating

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Mon Jun 25 21:15:51 UTC 2012

On 25. 6. 2012 Alex Schuster wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I am rating my songs fairly often when they play, using global
> hotkeys, Win-1 to Win-5 for one to five stars. They show up in the
> playlist, but I'd also like to filter for them.
>
> First, this needs to be documented somewhere. I know, writing
> documentation sucks, but I bet Amarok has some features many users do not
> even know of. For example, it has dynamic playlists, and the handbook
> even has a topic on them, but I still have no clue how to activate them.
> No problem, I think I do not need this anyway, that was just an example.
> This software deserves better documentation.
>
> Searching the web I found some discussions on this, and it seems that
> with rating:6 the playlist can be filtered for files having three stars
> (as you can give half stars, the rate goes from 1 to 10).
>
> I also read that a notation like rating:>5 should work, but it doesn't.
> So, how does one filter for all songs that have at least three stars?
> With rating:6 I exclude bad songs, but also better than average ones, so
> this does not make much sense.
>
> I'd also like to have some GUI function for that. Like a slider I drag to
> the rating the songs must at least have to be shown.
>
> And at least some hint wich keywords are allowed is necessary, how is one
> supposed to find this out?

Wonko,
have you ever hit the "Edit filter" button next to the "Search collection"
line? The Amarok handbook is a wiki, _YOU_ can edit it! (once you have
understanding how it works)

Note that playlist filter is much less powerful than the collection one. (you
really should use the collection one)

	Matěj