Suggestion For Wikipedia Applet in Amarok

Alex Schuster wonko at wonkology.org
Sun Jun 24 12:43:45 UTC 2012

Jayesh Badwaik writes:

> On Saturday 23 Jun 2012 17:32:47 Alex Schuster wrote:
> > > Use EasyTag or some similar software to get the tags right if they
> > > are wrong and then probably try again?
> >
> > One example of similar software would be Amarok itself :)
>
> I could never get my head wrapped around it. I tried doing and while it
> would work for Amarok, when I would rescan the collection, the tags
> would go disappear again. I think Amarok does not change the files
> itself, but its metadata about the files. I am not sure. I generally do
> this by using that "Edit Track Details" option. May be I am missing
> something?

All I can say is that this has always worked for me. I just confirmed
that with two files, one from my collection, one from a location that is
not being indexed by Amarok. I changed a tag, and used EasyTag to verify
that the tag has been changed.

Metadata like the score is a different thing. There is a setting to write
these data into the file, but that only happens when the file comes from
your collection. If you open a file from outside the collection, metadata
can be changed, but it is remembered in the database only, and gets lost
when the file is moved to another location.

	Wonko