Suggestion For Wikipedia Applet in Amarok

Jayesh Badwaik jayesh.badwaik90 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 15:06:41 UTC 2012

On Saturday 23 Jun 2012 20:11:54 Abhinav Badola wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> It just occurred to me that the applet that fetches information about
> the artist and other from Wikipedia can be optimized further.
>
> I was playing a song
> Police - Every Breadth You Take
>
> So the applet fetched me the general definition of Police and all, and
> not about Police, the band.
>
> Since, Amarok is primarily a music player and the information fetched
> should be relevant to music and all, I would like the Wikipedia
> information fetched to be more optimized.
> So that it directly fetches a band information, rather than the
> general information.
>
> So can I look forward to this improvement ?
> I hope it would be more helpful this way.

It generally does fetch the information about the band. For example, in
my case, it fetches "The Police" band correctly for exactly the same
song. The difference might be due difference in tags probably. Use EasyTag
or some similar software to get the tags right if they are wrong and
then probably try again?

--
Cheers and Regards
Jayesh Badwaik