Finding an album

Alex Schuster wonko at wonkology.org
Tue Jul 3 12:21:29 UTC 2012

Hi there!

This is something that happens a lot for me: I want to play an album, but
I do not know its name or the artist, only a specific song from it. This
is found easily with the collection filter. But I want the album, not the
single song. When I clear the filter, my whole collection is shown again,
and I have to find the album in it before I can drag it to the playlist.

To do so, I can:
- Scroll down until I see it, it is still open. But my collection is
  huge, about 20 pages, or 30 if I also have the various artists open.
  And often there are other albums still open, from previous searches,
  which makes it hard to find the one I need.
- Or I use the filter again to find the album. Involves some typing,
  which I try to avoid.

Sure, one can hardly call this a 'problem', but still I'd welcome a
little improvement here. What about simply scrolling to the currently
selected song/album/artist automatically when the filter is cleared, so
it is still shown at the same position? Or a context menu entry that sets
the filter to the artist or album I right-clicked on.

	Wonko