Filtering by rating

Alex Schuster wonko at wonkology.org
Tue Jul 3 11:59:24 UTC 2012

Alex Schuster wrote:

> Matěj Laitl writes:

> > Note that playlist filter is much less powerful than the collection
> > one. (you really should use the collection one)
>
> And it has the rating:>5 notation.

And what's happing now? I tried that again, and it does not find any
songs. I need to filter for rating:>2.5 now. But I'm pretty sure the
rating counted from 0-10 when I tried that first, and that's also what I
read in an issue of Amarok Insider.

> I did not even think about this, but
> why not. The last searches are even remembered, and completed when I
> start typing. So this is easy to access, better than using the "Edit
> filter" dialog or writing the whole expression.
>
> Thanks, that helps!

And still, having the same features for the playlist filter would be
convenient. See, I look up an album in the collection, an drag it into
the playlist. Then I see that some tracks have a bad rating, so it would
be nice to simply filter them away. Instead of having to remove the album
from the playlist, use the collection filter to show only what I want,
and drag the reduced album to the playlist again.
Sure, it's no big deal, but it's somewhat unconvenient. And it involves
typing, it would be nice if I could do all this just with the mouse. So
I'd probably just remove the bad-rated songs from the playlist, this
would be quicker.

And it would be cool and consistent if both the collection filter and the
playlist filter would have the same features.

	Wonko