Volume Resets at Pause

Justin Brown justin.brown at fandingo.org
Tue Aug 28 06:08:25 UTC 2012

Thanks for the reply everyone. I've done some sleuthing through the debug
output, and I believe that I see where Amarok maximizes the volume.

Here's what I did

   1. amarok --debug
   2. Press spacebar to play the current song on the playlist (volume goes
   to 100%)
   3. Use the "volume down" key on my laptop a few times to get it down to
   58%
   4. Pause the song with the spacebar
   5. Resume play with the spacebar
   6. Exit Amarok

We pick up at #4 in the debug output.

     1    BEGIN: void EngineController::playPause()
     2      [EngineController] PlayPause: EngineController state 2
     3      BEGIN: void OSDWidget::show(const QString&, const QImage&)
     4      END__: void OSDWidget::show(const QString&, const QImage&)
[Took: 0.003s]
     5    END__: void EngineController::playPause() [Took: 0.011s]
     6    BEGIN: void EngineController::slotStateChanged(Phonon::State,
Phonon::State)
     7      BEGIN: void DBusAbstractAdaptor::signalPropertyChange(const
QString&, const QVariant&)
     8        MPRIS2: Queueing up a PropertiesChanged signal
     9      END__: void DBusAbstractAdaptor::signalPropertyChange(const
QString&, const QVariant&) [Took: 0s]
    10    END__: void EngineController::slotStateChanged(Phonon::State,
Phonon::State) [Took: 0s]
    11    BEGIN: void DBusAbstractAdaptor::_m_emitPropertiesChanged()
    12    END__: void DBusAbstractAdaptor::_m_emitPropertiesChanged()
[Took: 0s]
    13    BEGIN: void EngineController::playPause()
    14      [EngineController] PlayPause: EngineController state 4
    15      BEGIN: void EngineController::play()
    16        BEGIN: void TimecodeObserver::trackPlaying(Meta::TrackPtr)
    17        END__: void TimecodeObserver::trackPlaying(Meta::TrackPtr)
[Took: 0s]
    18        BEGIN: void
Playlist::Actions::slotTrackPlaying(Meta::TrackPtr)
    19          ESC[07;33m[WARNING] [Playlist::Actions]
engineNewTrackPlaying: "The Ballad Of Chasey Lain" does not match what the
playlist controller thought it should be
    20        END__: void
Playlist::Actions::slotTrackPlaying(Meta::TrackPtr) [Took: 0s]
    21        BEGIN: void ProgressWidget::redrawBookmarks(const QString*)
    22          BEGIN: void Amarok::TimeSlider::clearTriangles()
    23          END__: void Amarok::TimeSlider::clearTriangles() [Took: 0s]
    24          found  0  timecodes on this track
    25        END__: void ProgressWidget::redrawBookmarks(const QString*)
[Took: 0s]
    26        BEGIN: void CurrentEngine::trackPlaying(Meta::TrackPtr)
    27        END__: void CurrentEngine::trackPlaying(Meta::TrackPtr)
[Took: 0s]
    28        BEGIN: void OSDWidget::show(const QString&, const QImage&)
    29        END__: void OSDWidget::show(const QString&, const QImage&)
[Took: 0.001s]
    30      END__: void EngineController::play() [Took: 0.006s]
    31    END__: void EngineController::playPause() [Took: 0.006s]
    32    BEGIN: void EngineController::slotStateChanged(Phonon::State,
Phonon::State)
    33      BEGIN: void DBusAbstractAdaptor::signalPropertyChange(const
QString&, const QVariant&)
    34        MPRIS2: Queueing up a PropertiesChanged signal
    35      END__: void DBusAbstractAdaptor::signalPropertyChange(const
QString&, const QVariant&) [Took: 0s]
    36    END__: void EngineController::slotStateChanged(Phonon::State,
Phonon::State) [Took: 0s]
    37    BEGIN: void DBusAbstractAdaptor::_m_emitPropertiesChanged()
    38    END__: void DBusAbstractAdaptor::_m_emitPropertiesChanged()
[Took: 0s]
    39    BEGIN: void Amarok::MediaPlayer2Player::volumeChanged(int)
    40      BEGIN: void DBusAbstractAdaptor::signalPropertyChange(const
QString&, const QVariant&)
    41        MPRIS2: Queueing up a PropertiesChanged signal
    42      END__: void DBusAbstractAdaptor::signalPropertyChange(const
QString&, const QVariant&) [Took: 0s]
    43    END__: void Amarok::MediaPlayer2Player::volumeChanged(int) [Took:
0s]
    44    BEGIN: void DBusAbstractAdaptor::_m_emitPropertiesChanged()

At line 15 play resumes, and I didn't push anything else. Notice how the
volume is changed (lines 39-43). Is there a way that I can see the actual
values in Amarok::MediaPlayer2Player::volumeChanged()? Other ideas on how
to troubleshoot?

Here's some additional info about my system
Qt: 4.8.2
KDE Development Platform: 4.8.5 (4.8.5)
Amarok: 2.6.0
pulseaudio 1.1