Volume Resets at Pause

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Thu Aug 23 06:33:44 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 10:17 PM, Justin Brown
<justin.brown at fandingo.org> wrote:
> Ok, I've blown out my eardrums for the last time and have to write.
>
> I'm using Amarok 2.6.0 in Gnome 3.4.
>
> Every time I resume playing music after pausing a song, the volume
> maximizes. It's annoying when I'm using speakers, but it's physically
> dangerous when I'm using headphones.
>
> For example, I'm using my headphones at 22% volume in Amarok. I paused a
> song to talk to a coworker. When I resumed playing, the volume jumped to
> 100%, and my ears are still ringing.
>
> Has this bug been reported? Is anyone working on it?
>
> From my perspective, this is a critical bug. I can't safely use Amarok.
>

> Cheers,
> Justin

Bug reporting is usually done via bugs.kde.org There you can search
for other reports of similar issues.

I just searched for it and found nothing resembling the problem:
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relevance%20desc&bug_status=__open__&product=amarok&content=volume%20pause&list_id=181295

I'll try myself during this workday to see if I can reproduce, though
I haven't noticed any problem until now. I'm using default unity on
ubuntu right now. I think the underlying system is the same as gnome
3.
This is likely a bug in pulseaudio or something that is controlling
it, but we should investigate from the Amarok end and forward the bug
when required.

Bart