[Feedback] mp3s created with Amarok won't play nice with others

kilgoremeister at gmail.com kilgoremeister at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 17:54:08 UTC 2012

Kent Kilgore sent a message using the contact form at
http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.

After spending LOTS of time ripping cds and moving them manually to a sansa
clip mp3 player, I found everything in the "unknown" catagory. Then, I ran
them through MP3tag v. 2.5 to add what I noticed were missing tags and change
the names to something other players can read.  The file name part seemed to
work fine, but when I examine tags from tunes that came on the player, I
noticed that not only did the name in the original players' songs have a "_"
instead of a "-", but that the metadata shown in windows file properties,
details did NOT have the album name even listed, but that the one created
with Amarok doesn't show the artist catagory before the title one.

Consequently, it appears that I'll probably have to use either the software
that came with the player, or windows media player to re-rip all these cds,
or spend WAY more time correcting the ones ripped with Amarok.  Any
suggestions?

I tried emailing the address listed on one of the pages you have that had a
mangled email address for  mitchell at tkded.t.org, or
  mitchell at tkdedt.org, and both bounced back.  If you could supply the correct
email for whomever else this may need to go to, I will send an rtf file that
has 2 screenshots of the properties, details tab from windows exporer.

Thanks in advance,
Kent

Report as inappropriate:
http://amarok.kde.org/en/mollom/report/session/12042680d0ef115417