Project for SoK

Teo Mrnjavac teo at kde.org
Wed Apr 25 07:02:42 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 15:29, Arjun Basu <arjunkbasu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am Arjun. I applied for GSoC this year under KDEgames but unfortunately I
> wasn't selected. As I still want to contribute to KDE , I want to
> participate in Season of KDE under amarok. I don't have any project idea yet
> on which to do the SoK so it would be great if someone could suggest an idea
> on which I can work.
> My proposal is available here if anyone wants to take a look
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2012/arjbasu/1

Hello Arjun,

I'm sorry we could not select your proposal. For what is worth, your
proposal scored quite highly and would likely have been selected if
the number of slots and/or mentors was not so limited. Thanks for
choosing Amarok through, we are happy you wish to contribute.
Unfortunately it is likely that Amarok has already reached top
mentoring capacity. I will try to ask around if someone is free to
mentor, but in the meantime I suggest you do the following.
1) Try to come up with an idea of what you would like to do in Amarok,
so I know who to look for to mentor you. You can also use the ideas
page [1] as inspiration for this.
2) Take a look around if there is another KDE project you might be
interested in with larger availability of mentors. Again, if you tell
me what interests you I can try to find a mentor for you. For
instance, it is possible KDE Games could be willing to accept your
game proposal as a SoK project.

[1] http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2012/Ideas

Cheers,
--