Amarok 2.4.0 collections. WHY?

Thad Humphries thad.humphries at gmail.com
Thu May 19 13:51:25 UTC 2011

Why does Amarok 2.4.0 *insist* on adding and scanning my home directory?  I
*explicitly* uncheck it and Apply, but the next time I open collections, it
rechecks it and proceeds to scan though I never keep music files there.

What I want is to create *two* or more collections.  On collection will be
my iPod, the other(s) a local disk(s) or disk partition(s).  Better would be
to treat my iPod as a device, but when I do that Amarok garbages up the
albums, completely trashing albums marked as Various Artists.

Marlowe, *Doctor Faustus* (v, 121-24)