Amarok 2.4.0.90 (2.4.1 beta 1 ?) fails after build

Peter C. Ndikuwera pndiku at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 19:38:35 UTC 2011

Hi Thad,

If you don't want to go through the whole troubleshooting exercise, you
could always try using a precompiled Amarok from one of openSUSE's
repositories:

See here:
http://software.opensuse.org/search?q=amarok&baseproject=openSUSE%3A11.4&lang=en&exclude_debug=true

According to this entry on the wiki:
http://en.opensuse.org/KDE_repositories#Updated_applications_only

You would want this repository:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Unstable:/Playground/openSUSE_11.4/KDE:Unstable:Playground.repo

Just click on this last link, add it to Yast and then upgrade amarok. You
should be good to go.

Peter

"Happiness makes up in height what it lacks in length"
-- Robert Frost