Tags are being completely screwed up in Amarok 2.4.0

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Tue Jul 19 08:59:00 UTC 2011

Hi AG

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 20:05, AG <computing.account at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hey
>
> Everytime I add an artist's album file to Amarok 2.4.0 on Debian stable,
> the file names are all screwed up, referring to tags for other albums I
> have on file.

Since you didn't specify otherwise I assume you use Amarok as is,
without any other presets, dynamic collections, APG or other activated
or any 3rd-party scripts running.

> For example, playing the band Polar Bear's album "Dim Lit", the tags for
> song and album identification that are given are for Procol Harum's
> "Salty Dog" (which I also have). How does this happen? It is happening
> for pretty much each and every time I open up a new file to play on
> Amarok and it is really a major bummer.
>

> How do I fix this nonsense?

Try a full collection rescan: you will find that option in the Menu
Settings -> Configure Amarok -> Collection. The restart Amarok.

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org