1st Test results iPod playlist saving Bug 223400

kat amsterdam kat.amsterdam at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 11:53:48 UTC 2011

Hi Bart,

I only had an iPod touch 3g lying around the house. I'll test again with an
ancient iPod when I get my hands on one.

I spoke to my DJ friend and he explained how he used his music player.

He has a really really huge music collection 800,000 files so he puts the
player on his entire collection on random, and when he hears a number he
likes, he quickly runs over to the computer to copy that number to a
playlist.
When the playlist has been made up he transfers it to his iPod.
Then listens for a few days to the playlist on his iPod.
Then finds the tracks again on vinyl and performs a set.

He also has a Samsung Galaxy S (Android) so I'm trying to steer him towards
the Ubuntu One Music service so that the playlists can go directly to his
phone.

As for libgpod, it's quite strange as Banshee could transfer the tracks to
the iPod touch 3G (fresh out of the box and enabled with a Mac). I thought
Banshee used the same library?

I tried the drag and drop within Media Sources but didn't understand why the
numbers didn't get transfered to the device. I'll try to get my hands on the
same model iPod that my DJ friend has, to test with.

Thank you again for this effort and for the good programming.

*Damiön la Bagh
Amsterdam, the Netherlands

--
Met vriendelijke groet,