1st Test results iPod playlist saving Bug 223400

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Mon Jul 18 07:26:08 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 01:30, kat amsterdam <kat.amsterdam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Goodday Developers,
> So I finally got the GIT version to build on my Samsung N120 with Ubuntu
> 11.04 Natty
> First of all my compliments the GIT version looks great. The new subtile
> images look really nice.
> Also the Music Brainz seems to work a lot better than it used to. Althought
> it still misses the ability to add only certain bits of data instead of
> replacing the entire tag.
> Anywayz. I've been testing with an iPod 8GB Model A1288
> I've attached two screenshots of what happens.
> It seems to recognize that the iPod is connected.
> I am able to synchronize tracks with Banshee, so I know the Linux-iPod
> connection is working
> In Amarok though, it shows 0 tracks even though there are clearly tracks on
> the iPod (see screenshot)
> Also when I try to copy a saved playlist to the iPod, it's not clear how to
> do this.
> When I try to save the current playlist to the iPod it comes up in the Media
> Devices playlist but says, error copying tracks, tracks already exist, even
> when they don't exist on the iPod.
>
>  This rig is set up just for Amarok iPod testing.  Let me know what extra
> information you need.
> (My appologies if the screenshots are not rotated, when I opened them in EOG
> they show upright, but when I inserted them they showed rotated)
>
> --

Hey Damiön

You say you are testing with a regular iPod (classic, HD model I
assume) but the pictures show either an iPod touch or iPhone which
would only work when jailbroken. This is a libgpod issue. I've tried
with an ancient regular iPod and it works perfectly, but for testing
all device types we rely on users like you.

Just to be clear. It's not possible to transfer a saved playlist
directly yet, nor transfer the tracks it using the "save to" button.
But you can drag and drop track from The Playlist to the iPod in Media
Sources ("Lokale Muziek" in the Dutch translation, which I never use
;)). You can also drag and drop within Media Sources with the same
effect.

Bart