Amarok keeps crashing

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sun Jul 17 23:04:10 UTC 2011

Hi Jan,

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 12:09, Jan Tománek <janiktomanek at gmail.com> wrote:
> I uninstalled PulseAudio, stil having these bugs. This command "gdb --args
>
> I also wanted to ask - which Phonon backend is the best to use? VLC, Xine or
> Gstreamer? I use KDE, so I also use XIne, but I don't know which is "the
> best" for Amarok.

The currently recommended backends are both the gstreamer and the vlc
backend as those are under development and quite well maintained. The
xine backend is deprecated as upstream development at the xine project
has stalled. See also
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-multimedia&m=130721162310817&w=2

@Daniel: the phonon gstreamer backend supports the equalizer in
Amarok, the xine backend doesn't and never did did AFAIK.

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org