1st Test results iPod playlist saving Bug 223400

kat amsterdam kat.amsterdam at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 23:30:25 UTC 2011

Goodday Developers,

So I finally got the GIT version to build on my Samsung N120 with Ubuntu
11.04 Natty

First of all my compliments the GIT version looks great. The new subtile
images look really nice.
Also the Music Brainz seems to work a lot better than it used to. Althought
it still misses the ability to add only certain bits of data instead of
replacing the entire tag.

Anywayz. I've been testing with an iPod 8GB Model A1288

I've attached two screenshots of what happens.

It seems to recognize that the iPod is connected.
I am able to synchronize tracks with Banshee, so I know the Linux-iPod
connection is working

In Amarok though, it shows 0 tracks even though there are clearly tracks on
the iPod (see screenshot)
Also when I try to copy a saved playlist to the iPod, it's not clear how to
do this.
When I try to save the current playlist to the iPod it comes up in the Media
Devices playlist but says, error copying tracks, tracks already exist, even
when they don't exist on the iPod.

 This rig is set up just for Amarok iPod testing.  Let me know what extra
information you need.

(My appologies if the screenshots are not rotated, when I opened them in EOG
they show upright, but when I inserted them they showed rotated)

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
Damiön la Bagh