all track double listed, other errors

Thad Humphries thad.humphries at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 23:35:02 UTC 2011

I've been using Amarok 1.4 on an old KDE 3 machine.

Last week I added a CD to my iPod classic using Amarok 2.3-GIT on my other
machine (SuSE 11.3).  Several things happened, NONE of them of them good:

1) All tracks are now listed twice although they point to the same track on
the device.
2) The Various Artist section got scrambled.  I can no long find under
Artists -> Various Artists and find titles there.
3) Cover flow now shows NO ARTWORK whatsoever, although the individual
albums show art work.

What gives, and what's the quickest way to fix this?

Marlowe, *Doctor Faustus* (v, 121-24)