I'm now finished with Amarok

AG computing.account at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 9 11:27:15 UTC 2011

After so many different attempts to make Amarok work, I am sorry to say
this but I am now done with this damned thing.  It has proven itself to
be terminally buggy on my system, plays for a few days then without
warning and with no changes to my system aside from KDE updates on
Debian testing, it just stops playing.  It loads the track and gets
stuck on pause - despite my best efforts to change that status.

UI have renamed and then removed the ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok and
relevant config files so many times now and that helps for a bit, but
then Amarok just decides to quit playing again.

It really is too bad because it was my favourite music app and the
developers had really made some great advances in getting the cover
fetching manager working right as well.  Unless KDE and Amarok learn how
to play nicely on this system, then Amarok has to go in favour of JaJuk.

AG