Amarok and OpenSuSE 11.4

Kevin Funk krf at gmx.de
Wed Oct 6 19:38:06 UTC 2010

Wednesday 06 October 2010, Donn Washburn <n5xwb at comcast.net>:
>   Yes it is 11.4v1 and KDE libkde4-4.5.0-1.3.i586 which is where I think
> it is failing.
> I have a feeling it is a KDE problem due to the breakdown point.  If I
> start it in a knosole amarok fails after the boot splash.  Running a NON
> openSuSE version there seems to be no debug rpms.  I removed openSuSE's
> amarok and install this git version.  It will only come up if I " strace
> -o amarok.err amarok " (either nothing or --debug) and it does come up.
> It acts like a security lock knowing that my version is not a openSuSE
> version.
> Iguess strace works for two reasons - it slows the loading down allowing
> strace then to get in or permissions are blocked or set.   Who knows at
> this point.

Hey Donn,

sorry for being a bit harsh, but...

You're using OpenSuse 11.4 which is a milestone released, an early testing
release.
You're using Amarok Git which is work-in-progress, not published.
We're not trying to break Amarok on each commit we do, but it breaks from time
to time.

If you can't handle upcoming problems (which may happen during development),
please stay with a stable distribution, or even a stable version of OpenSuse.
And a stable version of the applications you're using.

I'm telling you this, because this is not your first post on the amarok ML
asking for help for problems very likely caused by misconfiguration on your
side.

Greets

--
Kevin Funk