Amarok and OpenSuSE 11.4

Donn Washburn n5xwb at comcast.net
Wed Oct 6 19:13:34 UTC 2010

  Yes it is 11.4v1 and KDE libkde4-4.5.0-1.3.i586 which is where I think
it is failing.
I have a feeling it is a KDE problem due to the breakdown point.  If I
start it in a knosole amarok fails after the boot splash.  Running a NON
openSuSE version there seems to be no debug rpms.  I removed openSuSE's
amarok and install this git version.  It will only come up if I " strace
-o amarok.err amarok " (either nothing or --debug) and it does come up.
It acts like a security lock knowing that my version is not a openSuSE
version.
Iguess strace works for two reasons - it slows the loading down allowing
strace then to get in or permissions are blocked or set.   Who knows at
this point.