feedback

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 11:56:27 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Johannes Thrän
<johannes.thraen at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> congratulations and thanks you for amarok! it's a great program!
>
> nevertheless here's my feedback:
>
> - add buttons, to hide/unhide the collection/lyrics/playlist
> subwindows. I very often find myself rearranging the size of the
> subwindows to be able to read a long filename or title or album name.
> Rearranging 3 subwindows is tediuos and clumsy: when I want to enlarge
> the right window I first have to enlarge the middle window to the
> left, then enlarge the right window..

Johannes, have you thought about running your Amarok partially (or
fully) tabbed? See how I do mine usually:

http://imagebin.ca/view/wFBrND.html

I use a laptop, so screen real estate is important to me. Using Amarok
tabbed lets me give it plenty of space, in a small window.

> - amarok seriously is taking too long to start up, it takes longer
> than firefox (which is seriously taking too long). about 3 seconds on
> a 2.5 year old computer (dual core and 2 gb ram) is too long.

Some work is going on to improve the startup time. However, there are
lots of services to initialize, and things like playlists to be
checked. If quick starting is important to you, turn off the Internet
services you don't use, and keep your saved playlists to a minimum.

Valorie
--
http://linuxgrandma.blogspot.com
Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez