One collection, multiple computers

Colin Kern colin.kern at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 19:59:36 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

I want to find some way to use Amarok on multiple computers, and have
all my statistics stay synced with all of them.  My idea right now is
to use Dropbox  by copying ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok to my Dropbox
folder, then replacing ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok with a symlink on each
machine.  I did a grep on that entire directory for my computer's
hostname, and it didn't find it, so it seems independent of that.  It
looks like I'll have to make sure that my username is the same on each
computer, but that isn't much of a problem.  I also need to have my
music stored in such a way that the paths are the same on each
computer, I think (I might start paying for more space on Dropbox so I
can move my music there).  Are there any problems I'm missing?  Is
there a better way to do this?  I'd theoretically like to also be able
to share this collection with Amarok running on a windows machine, but
I think that adds a whole new level of difficulty.

Thanks,
Colin Kern