possible improvement / wish list!

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sat Nov 6 22:05:37 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 14:55,  <stevehowe at email.com> wrote:

> Hello!
> I only recently migrated to Linux and Amarok so please forgive me if I'm
> overlooking something obvious.
> I love the way that playlist layouts are so flexible but there's a slight
> niggle. I'd love it if I could achieve something like
>              Artist 1
> Album 1      Track 1
>              Track 2
> Album 2      Track 1
>              Track 2
>              Track 3
>
>              Artist 2
>
> instead of having to have the album name repeated if I want it to appear at
> all. "Sub-head" or "first track" category maybe?
> If I'm missing something obvious please let me know!

Did you activate the "grouping by album" in the layout editor? Also,
you should not add the album name in the "body" part of the layout and
set the track name centered. You can do all this with the Layout
editor, hover over the fields once set and you see a wrench: click on
it and you can modify the relative position.

you could try out the predefined layouts," Verbose" for example
doesn't show the album name for every track line. Make a copy of it
and modify the items to your liking

Regards, Myriam.

http://www.fsfe.org