Sound faults in Version 2.3.0 w/ Debian Squeeze

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Mar 28 21:42:02 UTC 2010

'Twas brillig, and Jeff Mitchell at 28/03/10 13:48 did gyre and gimble:
> On 03/28/2010 06:18 AM, AG wrote:
>> If I understand the issues correctly, it seems that there is a larger
>> issue at hand here regarding track progression - see for example:
>> http://lists.kde.org/?l=amarok&m=126976476717565&w=2 but these could be
>> referring to other issues and be unrelated to my original post.
>
> That's a different bug and only introduced yesterday in Git, so it
> wouldn't be your issue.
>
> In that bug the engine simply stops after each track -- it doesn't
> continue but just lacking sound.

IIRC there used to be (still is?) a bug regarding the "cross fade"
option in amarok and the gstreamer engine. No idea if it's still a
problem as I've not tested it recently. I suspect that as the OP was
talking about 2.3.0, that it is this problem that he's encountering.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie