Sound faults in Version 2.3.0 w/ Debian Squeeze

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Sat Mar 27 23:18:45 UTC 2010

Am Sunday 28 March 2010 schrieb AG:
> Pulseaudio doesn't seem to be enabled on my system:
>     $ init.rd/pulseaudio stop
>     bash: init.rd/pulseaudio: No such file or directory
it's (probably) more like (sorry, partially my fault)
sudo /etc/init.d/pulseaudio stop
(you cannot run the script on as user, also some distros keep them in
/eetc/rc.d - you'll have to look around)

> There also doesn't seem to be any alternative to xine ... nor any
there _is_ the gstreamer backend - it's the default shipped with Qt phonon.
anyway, i don't know about troubles with mp3 & xine, so i blame pulseaudio.

> obvious ways that I can add a new backend to the list either, so I think
> that I am stuck with this situation, which effectively renders Amarok
> unusable for me.
debian? then google for apt.
(i.e. learn how to add packages, sorry)