UMS-based players in Amarok 2.3 - how to read existing tracks?

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Wed Mar 24 16:40:39 UTC 2010

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 16:05:09 +0000
Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

> > To configure it to be used automatically when plugged in and mounter
> > use the wrench icon.
>
> I've done that, but selecting the correct folder is not sticky and I
> still don't see any tracks.
>
> I have updated to the latest Fedora 12 packages, and now rebooted as a
> fair few packages updated were from KDE and Qt.

OK, well I decided to download the latest source RPM for Fedora 12, and
rebuild it against the installed KDE 4.4.1 packages.

After installing it, I now get the Fuze drives read automatically and
I'm showing some 2,580 odd tracks on the player's SDHC card.

That has finally fixed it, not sure exactly what the problem was.

Maybe we'll see an Amarok 2.3 package in the official updates repo
soon, but I'm certainly much happier now that I can get music onto my
Fuze and the transfers seem to be as fast as they were with Amarok 1.4!

Thanks for your help folks....

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde