[Patch] Allow toolbar to be completely detached as a window

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sat Mar 20 16:08:47 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Thomas Lübking <thomas.luebking at web.de> wrote:
> @Markey and the other chiefs (IMPORTANT basic question):
> Does Amarok want a player window at all (again), i.e. is this a
> wished/acceptable feature (i think that has never been answered ;)

Well, I guess it would simply be a nice feature for some people, if
the toolbar could be detached. The toolbar itself lends itself well to
such a purpose, as the video from Eros demonstrated. Other than that,
there are already several external Plasma applets that provide such a
"Player Window" functionality, but putting an extra Plasma applet in
Amarok for this seems overkill, if we could simply use the toolbar
instead.

Personally I don't have a use for this, but I imagine some of our
users would appreciate it. So, why not :)

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer