Amarok and copying to iPod

Dennis Neumeier dennismail at gmx.net
Fri Mar 19 18:44:04 UTC 2010

Am Freitag, 19. März 2010 19:00:20 schrieb Brian Morrison:
> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 12:36:03 -0400
>
> Soren Harward <stharward at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Dennis Neumeier <dennismail at gmx.net>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > So: Is there any way I can copy songs onto my iPod with Amarok
> > > 2.2.0?
> >
> > I don't know about 2.2.0, but you can definitely do that with 2.3.0.
> > If I remember correctly, just select the songs in the media browser
> > (the area that's usually on the left side of the screen), right click,
> > and select "copy to collection: iPod".
>
> It will be interesting to see whether 2.3.0 does this any better with my
> UMS-based Sansa Fuze. The last few versions have been incredibly slow
> and spawned literally hundreds of processes doing the copying. It took
> hours to copy over a few hundred MB.

Well, I did not try to copy via the right click, perhaps this works, I will
try as soon as possible. (My Kubuntu with KDE 4 is still on my testing
machine, as I have to check all features I am used to till I migrate my "big"
machine here)

But anyway this really a step backwards - from Amarok 1, I am used to copy the
songs from my collection via drag & drop on the ipod. Is this feature really
missing in Amarok 2?

Greets,
Michael