Bug in Playing flac files

Felix Lenders fl at felixlenders.de
Sun Mar 7 23:00:21 UTC 2010

Thank you very much for your help!

Thomas Lübking schrieb:

> Afaik this should be the (famous) flac bug in the xine phonon backend, see
> whether you can use the vlc, mplayer or gstreamer backend.

Yeah, it is. gstreamer backend works fine although know everything
sounds a little bit more noisy (shouldn't they both use alsa in the
end?). But that is probably caused as well by the recordings, I will
later try some newer ones.

> PS ;-) get Karajans 76-79 rec. of Tchaikowskys symphonies and the
> 77/78 recordings of the Beethoven symphonies - is it really the
> _first_ recording or the one from the 60ies?  All tunes should be cr
> protected, though.

I got those recordings very cheap 2nd hand. It is Karajans well known
first cycle from 1963 but I am aware that there is one from the fifties
as well. I don't know the Tchaikovsky recording from Karajan from 77/78,
at the moment I am happy with Mravinkys recording from 1961 and I am
just curious to hear Bernstein as the opposite extreme.

Cheers,
Felix