Bug in Playing flac files

Felix Lenders fl at felixlenders.de
Sun Mar 7 22:21:11 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am using Amarok 2.2.2 in a Debian testing environment and are playing
some flac files which I have ripped using rubyripper. Amarok causes
several small interruptions which do not appear when using vlc in the
same environment or on the Mac System of a friend using vlc as well. The
interruptions are in one file that there is a short "tick-sound"
(Knackser in german) and in the others that the last two seconds of the
track are not played. All the music is classical music (Tchaikovsky
Symphony 5 and 6, last movement in Bernsteins last recording and
Beethoven Pastorale, last movement in Karajans first recording). If I
convert the flac files to ogg, this problems are gone.

If you know about the legal situation I am willing to provide the sound
examples.

Thank you very much for any help.

Felix