Fedora tray icon disappeared with 2.3.1?

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Sat Jun 12 10:55:00 UTC 2010

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 12:48:56 +0200
Stefan Grosse <singularitaet at gmx.net> wrote:

> Am 12.06.2010 11:59, schrieb Brian Morrison:
> > I have installed the Amarok 2.3.1 rpms from the updates-testing
> > repository, everyone works normally except that the tray icon has now
> > changed to a piece of paper with a folded lower right corner and a
> > blue question mark in the center. I assume this is some sort of default
> > icon for cases where there is no correct icon specified.
> >
> > Any ideas why this might have happened?
> >

> There has been an update towards KDE 4.4.4 in updates-testing. I believe
> that I read that there was one broken dependency which should be
> corrected by now.

I saw the KDE updates, but have not yet applied them. Amarok 2.3.0 was
working just fine, the tray icon has never been incorrect before.

I've just rebuilt the rpms myself, and the end result is the same. I
presume that something changed in the source of Amarok that has caused
this.

> Did you update KDE as well? And do you use Amarok with gnome or with KDE?

I use GNOME.

> I haven't done the updates yet but I will look in the afternoon if I
> have the same problem. If so we might respond at
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/amarok-2.3.1-1.fc13?_csrf_token=283f6f0e329d13f3d9df2a4480410f9e1b7353bc

I will have a look....

> Btw. it seems that there is an issue  with the gstreamer-backend.

Well I have not noticed anything, the music side of things has been
working just fine :)

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde