Elegance -- some suggestions for amarok first run

Marcel Hilzinger mhilzinger at linuxnewmedia.de
Fri Jul 30 09:49:15 UTC 2010

Am Freitag, 30. Juli 2010 11:38:37 schrieb Myriam Schweingruber:
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 11:15, Marcel Hilzinger
>
> <mhilzinger at linuxnewmedia.de> wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 30. Juli 2010 10:52:29 schrieb Myriam Schweingruber:
> > [...]
> >>
> >> It does not access your passwords, but Amarok loads the last.fm module
> >> on start which can't be done otherwise for logical reasons: imagine
> >> the delay every time you switch to another local music item, people
> >> would complain that Amarok is slow on every item change. Better have a
> >> delay at start than having a delay each time a new  module needs to be
> >> loaded.
> >
> > Please reconsider: If a user chooses to set up kwallet or has already set
> > up kwallet otherwise, then amarok will prompt for the kwallet password on
> > each startup, even if you are not using last.fm.
>
> Sorry, but then you don't understand kwallet or have not set it up
> correctly: I use kwallet for all applications that require a password,
> I set those to "Allow always", and only the first application that is
> started when I log into KDE will start the wallet, which most of the
> time is not Amarok.

That's the difference. For me it's Amarok...

:-)

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Marcel Hilzinger

Linux New Media AG, Putzbrunner Str. 71, 81739 München, Germany
Tel: +49 89 99 34 110, Fax: +49 89 99 34 1199
mhilzinger at linuxnewmedia.de - http://www.linuxnewmedia.de
Linux New Media, the Pulse of Open Source: Lawrence, KS - Málaga
Manchester - München - São Paulo - Warszawa