Upgrade Amarok DBs

Brian Blater brb.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 14:11:19 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 4:17 AM, Steven Crooks <steven at worldofcrooks.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 July 2010 02:42:27 Brian Blater wrote:
>> I've been running Amarok 1.4 for sometime now, but decided to upgrade
>> my OS and with it came Amarok 2.3. My 1.4 DB is on an external MySQL
>> server. I'm wondering if I need to do anything to upgrade my 1.4 DB to
>> allow for any changes in Amarok 2.3.
>>
>> I've search google and haven't seen anything specific to upgrading the
>> DB but did find some mention of problems if you just use the newer
>> Amarok 2.3 with an old 1.4 DB.
>>
>> Just trying to figure out if I need to do anything before I start
>> using the new version.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brian
>
> I did a short search and found this:
>
> Open Amarok 2 -> Settings -> Configure Amarok -> Tab "Collection" -> Import
> Statistics
>
> Have a look in here -> http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=74885

I saw that one also, and was able to import the Statistics, or at
least in my one test, I was able to see my stats and ratings.

My question comes about because in my test, I'm not able to drag and
drop my "playlists".m3u etc. Actually I'm finding a pretty steep
learning curve going from 1.4 to 2.x. Things that seem so straight
forward to me, I just can't figure out how to do it in 2.3.