SoundMenu work

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 15:27:11 UTC 2010

On Monday 12 July 2010 14:06:37 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One thing I totally failed to discuss with you Amarok devs during
> Akademy was the Sound Menu in Maverick Meerkat, the upcoming version of
> Ubuntu. In case you don't know what this is about, have a look at this
> page:
>
>   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SoundMenu

I have at least one problem with the SoundMenu proposal:

Whenever Amarok is running in an environment where the sound menu is present:
  It should comply with the standard behavior: it should keep playing if
  closed while playing, it should exit if closed while not playing, and it
  should restore location and other state on relaunching.

I don't want Amarok to exit when closed except when I tell it to do so via
Amarok/Quit. I have loads of podcasts that I want it to update and download
even when it's not playing - well especially when it's not playing - and then
I don't want to have it in the task manager, just in the systray.

Or am I misunderstanding the proposal?

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen