Many thanks for Amarok !

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 22 14:32:27 UTC 2010

On Friday 22 January 2010 10:53:38 Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Over at Mandriva we've been working hard to get the gstreamer backend
> into good shape - lots of fixes have been committed upstream in the last
> year or so (I even committed a few over the last few days). As we ship
> PA by default (cue rants etc. :p) and xine's PA support is rubbish,
> gstreamer is a better choice.

I'm using Fedora, with PA enabled - and have been for ages.  Amarok always
worked fine for me - no PA problems at all - until the recent problem with
phonon-xine.  With the latest update installed everything is back to working
well.  FWIW, I had amarok working, briefly and not without problems, with
gstreamer backend, then it started refusing to give me any output at all.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group