Better cue handling in recent commits

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Mon Jan 11 10:09:07 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 10:30, Eelko Berkenpies <fedora at berkenpies.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is just a shameless cheer for the new features which are being added
> to trunk. And specifically the following one;
>
> Commit 46f8fb39d8ac667a8af6868b16e18ce40502903f
> "Initial work on loading tracks with cue files as a bunch of timecode
> tracks instead of one track with bookmarks"
>
> Thank you so much for this. It's always a little party when trunk opens up
> again but this is definitely an important change for me. Everything seems
> to be working pretty good (as in flawless) regarding this commit so far.
>
> <witty remark>Now only if someone would port this (cue support) over to
> the Collection view too... </witty remark> (seriously, is there any chance
> someone will pick this up any time soon?)
>
> Anyway, you guys keep up the good work! :)
>
> --
> Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,
> Eelko Berkenpies

There were talks of adding cue-tracks to the SqlCollection but it's
technically kind of hard/messy.  Either needing special cue entries in
the SQL tables or on the fly parsing of the cue file.
That is why no one has done it yet.

On a different cue related front I've added cuesheet support to
podcast episodes as well. This is mainly for the free-music-charts
podcast from darkerradio.com hosted by our very own Sven. He includes
a link to a cue file in the shownotes.
The technical hurdle there is associating the cue to the episode. We
have no way to do that automatically yet and there is not some kind of
standard or common practice in podcasting for timecodes.