FOSDEM 2010: making the Equalizer a dock widget?

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 02:37:39 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 7:12 AM, Nikolaj Hald Nielsen
<nhnfreespirit at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would thend to think that the only reason for having the equalizer
> visible all the time would be that you mess around with it for each
> track.
>
> A far smoother solution to this, IMO, would be to allow for per track
> equalizer settings. Then the user only has to setup the correct eq for
> a track _once_. As always I have a git branch somewhere that provides
> the foundations for this (and for many other per track
> settings/actions. what it basically allows is to run an amarokurl on
> track start and on track end).... :-P

That's not really true, the eq settings probably have more to do with
headphones vs. speakers then the particular track being played.

But yea I guess part of the problem is none of us really understand
what the equalizer is for. I used it when I DJed at a dance about 6
years ago and haven't really used one since then. It makes sense to me
in that context, but not really otherwise.

Ian