FOSDEM 2010: making the Equalizer a dock widget?

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Mon Feb 8 16:19:41 UTC 2010

Am Monday 08 February 2010 schrieb Nikolaj Hald Nielsen:
> A far smoother solution to this, IMO, would be to allow for per track
> equalizer settings. Then the user only has to setup the correct eq for
> a track _once_. As always I have a git branch somewhere that provides
> the foundations for this (and for many other per track
> settings/actions. what it basically allows is to run an amarokurl on
> track start and on track end).... :-P
+1

Basically there should be two "kinds" of equalizers.
One e.g. in the "Edit track" dialog (extra tab or "" tab) and another "global"
one as it is atm.

Both should support (different) "presets".
- The track related one stuff like "rock", "pop", "classic" "ambience" etc
- The global one rather the xine profile stuff like "headphones", "notebook",
"HIFI" etc.

Thomas