FOSDEM 2010: making the Equalizer a dock widget?

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Mon Feb 8 11:36:20 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Sven Krohlas <sven at asbest-online.de> wrote:
> Thinking one step further:
> maybe it even makes sense to do this for all dialogs in the
> tools menu? Especially if you use the widgets in a tabbed style.

Oh please, let's not go overboard with this :)

This isn't a LEGO game. All that dock-widgets stuff was popular in the
90s. Some KDE devs I recently talked to agreed that it's not really
fashionable any more. Do-It-Yourself applications often end up looking
very crappy (some screenshots I saw: OMG.)

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, Software Engineer at Collabora Ltd